Saturday 10 May 2014

Dramatic Monologue

Never once have I wondered
About the things I have done. Never once have I considered
The consequences of my actions.
Could it be that I joined the wrong faction,
That I subscribed to incorrect virtue?
Upon my ponderings I’ve come to see what is true.
My wrong doings have learnt to control me,
To control all that I could possibly see.
It was due to a liquid,
A liquid potent enough to turn ones judgement frigid
To the world before them.
‘Sip after sip’ became the anthem
Of my days. I became unstoppable, nobody could help.
As the crater surrounding me grew, I continued to whelp.
Those caught within its radius
Were all lost as though it were a spontaneous
Event. My own blood isolated 
Me. It tore its way through my intoxicated
Veins, fleeing my system as though I were a parasite.
The only comfort I sought was that of my flask,
The only family a real man could ever ask
For. It remained my protector
When my sister passed at the age of twenty-four.
It made me forget the guilt. It comforted 
Me, when I learnt I was to her left when her soul departed,
When I learnt I was the cause of such a collision.
Such a liquid made my vision
Impervious to any pain of such magnitude.
I was invincible, I could conclude.
Upon my ponderings I’ve come to see what is true,
Pour me a glass sir, I require yet another sip of strength to add to my queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment